Essential Oils and Motherhood
I’ve always put an emphasis on health in my life (Fun Fact: I used to have a blog with one of my best friends called Two Clean Girls – ha!) and it’s no different now that I have two little ones running the show. Like you, my kids are always coming home with a new sniffle and I’m always fighting something after having 2 baby’s in under 2 years. Enter Oils. They have CHANGED the game. I feel so much better having them around and Young Living makes amazing products to help your whole home feel safe and free from most toxins. I like reaching for them to brighten the mood, keep us calms, aid with colds, headaches and tummy aches. Oils are such an amazing support in our home! Here are some common questions to help you get started on your own oil journey:
- Why Young Living and not the cheaper ones from Amazon? Young Living is the leader in the essential oils movement and as they say, not all oils are created equally. With YL’s “Seed to Seal” standards you can rest assured your family will be using the highest quality product without ANY dilution or chemical additives. This is really important because you are breathing in these oils on a daily basis. Also, think of the essential oil as the immune system of the plant. It supports the growth and life of the plant from seed to flower and what we are getting is the distilled oil to use for our benefit. For more information read here.
- Best Oils for Motherhood? Oh man, the list keeps growing, but here are my top 3. Lavendar – I use this in a body butter recipe I use for the kids excema and diaper rashes, plus it’s a great oil for sleep! Digize Oil – it comes in the starter kit and this has saved any stomach ache I’ve had and has helped the kids tummy aches too! You can add it to water, or rub right on the stomach (can’t live without it now). Grapefruit – because it’s super uplifing and smells so amazing on its own, but it is a great oil to blend with others. It just make the mood happy in our home! This list could go on and on, but I’ll end it there. Peppermint though – bye headaches!
- Okay, I want the oils, what do I do from here? If you’d like to get involved with oils, it’s best to sign up as a member and purchase the starter kit. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SELL OILS OR PURCHASE MONTHLY OILS AS A MEMBER. It just means you are getting a starter kit for more than 50% off & will get 24% off retail prices on every oil, forever (totally worth it!). SO to sign up, ORDER HERE and make sure the number 155220942 appears in both the “Enroller” and “Sponsor ID” fields and choose wholesale member. You can also sign up with my team in December and get our special bundle! It includes the amber bottles, and 3 free oils for $255 – see the image below!
- How will I know what to do with my oils once I get them? With your starter get, you’ll get plenty of learning materials including an encyclopedia of all of YL’s products and the most frequent uses of the oils. You’ll also be invited to a private wellness group on facebook and can follow along with me on my journey of discovering essential oils on my instagram @hydeparkmoms! I also send welcome kits right from my home to each person who signs up with me, and that includes all the ways you can learn from me!
- What should I get? I recommend starting with the premium starter kit (like I did). This will give you 11 of the most common oils and a diffuser (there is a standard diffuser model for free with purchase – We love the dessert mist – or you can upgrade to others available on the site). The best part — the starter kit gives you about $360 worth of product for only $160!! From there you can always add more, but it’s the perfect way to jump in and start learning!
- I think I’d like to sell oils with you… Cool!! When you sign up, you’ll get an email from me that contains all that information 🙂