Happy Friday Hyde Park Moms! The weather is looking a little hot and humid today and tomorrow with temperatures in the upper 80s and partly sunny (sounds like a good day to take a dip in the pool, if you ask me). But if the pool isn’t your cup of tea, there are all sort of fun family filled activities happening this weekend and here are a few you should definitely look into!
Friday, August 3rd
Want to find architectural or decor inspiration for your home? Or want to just walk through some gorgeous houses just for fun? Homearama 2018 is happening for their 55th year in Highlands at Heritage Hill and will showcase 10 houses ranging from $1-2 million with different architectural styles!
Doghouse Rocks Goettafest is happening right across the river at Newport Riverfront from 8:00 – 11:00 pm. There will be goetta games, food, and music for the whole family!
Saturday, August 4th
17th Annual Ohio River Paddlefest starts at 7:00 am or stop by on Friday night at the Schmidt Recreation Complex to drop your boat, pick up your paddler goodie bag, and enjoy all the party has to offer like live music, local beer, food trucks, and raffles!
The Queen City Public Transit Challenge is happening at Findlay Market starting at 11:00 am. The challenge is you’ll use various forms of public transit to travel to checkpoints around OTR, downtown, and Covington. You then complete a challenge at each checkpoint and move on to finish at Rhinegeist for the after party. Everyone who participates gets a free drink and a prize, and the fastest and most resourceful participant will win a grand prize worth $100!
Support our recently dubbed NSL team FC Cincinnati at Nippert Stadium! Make sure to rock your orange and blue to show your true Cincinnati spirit or kick off Saturday night and grab some tickets to Zac Brown Band: Down the Rabbit Hole Live! at Great American Ball Park.
Sunday, August 5th
A $20 ticket for Yoga in the Yard at The Righteous Room will get you an hour of yoga starting at noon taught by The Yoga Bar followed by an open mimosa bar!
Art on Vine at Fountain Square is hosting up to 60 local artists showcasing and selling fine arts and handmade goods.
Bring your little one to have Tea with Doc McStuffins at The BonBonerie! You will be joined by Doc McStuffins and her assistant Lambie who will meet and greet you at your table, so be sure to bring your favorite toy for a check-up from the Doc herself! Or if you are looking for an adult night out make sure to visit the August Tea Dance at 3 Points Urban Brewery.
Additionally, the Rascal Flatts: Back to Us Tour is coming to Riverbend Music Center. And finally, don’t forget to check out our weekly Hyde Park Farmers’ Market from 9:30 – 1:30!
For more details of what is going on around Hyde Park this week, make sure to visit our calendar.
Easy Caprese Avocado Toast
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 slices bread, toasted
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella
- Half a cup of grape tomatoes
- 1/8 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Balsamic Glaze, for drizzling
- Cut your avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Scoop out the insides of the avocado and mash with a fork.
- Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste with your mashed avocado. (Mash to your liking – I like to keep it a little chunkier, but smooth tastes good too!)
- Add mashed avocado mixture to two toasted pieces of bread.
- Slice grape tomatoes in halves and place on top of your avocado toast along with thinly sliced mozzarella and basil.
- Finally, drizzle balsamic glaze or sprinkle extra salt or pepper for taste and enjoy!
From – Two Peas & Their Pod
For the Kiddos
Looking for some summertime crafts for the kids? Here are some craft kits fun for all ages:
- Chain Reactions Craft Kit
- Make Your Soap Science Kit
- Make Your Own Puffy Stickers Kit
- My Super Hero Starter Kit
Also, don’t forget to check out our Deals & Steals page for exclusive discounts for our HPM readers! Have a great weekend!