Vanilla Bean Cashew Milk
This recipe has been one of my favorites for a while now – I’ve been meaning to post it forever! We are mostly dairy free (minus cheese, am I right?), and this cashew milk satisfies that craving for a creamy rich flavor in coffee, smoothies, cereal and even ice cream. Your smoothies will never be the same!
Great if you or your family have dairy intolerances, your breastfeeding or need to up the protein in your or your kid’s diet. The best part? You don’t need to strain this nut milk like most require – it comes out smooth in a high-speed blender like a vitamin. Be sure to share and tag @hydeparkmoms if you make this yummy recipe!
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 3 cups filtered water (can adjust to how thin/thick you want your milk)
- 1 vanilla bean pod, seeds only (can sub vanilla extract)
- 2 pitted dates
HOW TO MAKE
- Soak the cashews in water for 4 to 8 hours in filtered water
- Drain/rinse the cashews and add to high-speed blender
- Add in 3 cups of filtered water, vanilla pod seeds and dates to blender
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes
- Pour into air tight container and store in the fridge for a week