It’s Wednesday – who needs a drink?! When you want the nutrients of a green juice, but the buzz of a cocktail – this is the drink for you. I was scrolling on Facebook when I came across this delicious drink and instantly got sucked in. I personally love green juices because of the fresh flavors and I feel like I’m getting nutrients I haven’t had throughout the week. The nice part about this drink is the spiciness of the ginger outweighs the vodka, so it really just tastes like a juice without the aftertaste of alcohol. Now, if green juices aren’t your thing my advice for you when it comes to this drink is – don’t knock it, until you try it!
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1 knob of ginger
- ¼ cup of mint leaves
- Lime juice from ½ of a lime
- ¾ cup of spring water
- 3 ounces of Ketel One vodka (or vodka of your choice)
HOW TO MAKE:
- Peel the knob of ginger and cut into small pieces.
- Cut the cucumber and apple into slices.
- Blend the cucumber, apple, ginger, mint leaves, lime juice, and spring water in a high power blender.
- Strain mixture, so the liquid is separated from the pulp.
- Pour 1 ½ ounces of vodka into 2 glasses and divide the juice evenly.
- Garnish with cucumber or mint to your liking and enjoy!