Staying organized during the holiday season seems like an oxymoron to most people, but these tips from the Simplify In Style home organizers will help you get on top of the Holiday and into the spirit without feeling overwhelmed!
Every year, it seems like the time between Halloween and New Year’s Day is a blur. We know how chaotic this time of year can be with all of the preparation for holidays, school activities, gift buying, etc. Being organized will save you time and stress this holiday season so that you can spend more time enjoying the things you really love.
Coats, Hats, and Gloves OH MY!
How many times have you found yourself rushing out of the door in the morning and no one can seem to find their hat or gloves? We love when everything has a place. If you have a mudroom, that is a great place to store everything you need to get out of the door in the morning. A basket for each person in the family will keep everything in place.
If you don’t have a mudroom, there are a few things we love to do that don’t take up much space in your coat closet.
- Utilize the back of the door with an over the door shoe organizer.
- Give each child a row to store their hats, gloves, and scarves (you can even switch these out for summer items when the seasons change).
- You can also use stacking drawers on the floor, like these and assign one to each child for easy grab and go storage (pictured below).
With the holidays approaching it is best to have your gift wrap easily accessible.
- We love using the ELFA over the door organizer for gift wrap.
- Take advantage of the space on the back of a door and keep everything you need right in one place.
- Don’t forget to keep tape, scissors, pens and even Thank You notes with your gift wrap for easy access.
This year when you are putting up decorations, take a little extra time to purge the items that you no longer use or love. Then, when it is time to take everything done and pack it away, take some time to put like items together and properly store everything so that it is easy to find next year. We love clear plastic storage bins with labels of course so that you can see exactly what is inside and quickly find the boxes you are looking for.