Make this recipe this week and tag @hydeparkmoms if you give it a try!
Serves 4 adults.
- 1 lb of grass-fed ground beef (can use turkey, chicken too)
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup of baby spinach (or more)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tbs yellow mustard
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup honey (add more if you like it a little sweeter)
- 1 tbs worstechire
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE
- Sauté chopped onion, garlic, red and green bell peppers in olive oil in a cast iron skillet (or any large pan you have).
- Add in spinach once the veggies are soft. Let it all wilt down.
- Remove from cast iron and add in beef.
- Brown beef then drain once fully cooked.
- Add the veggies and meat back into the pan.
- Combine last 8 ingredients to the pan and stir around to make the sauce (honestly, I do eyeball most of this, so adjust to your taste!).
- Serve on honey buns or any bun you’d like. You can also top with cheese!