This is the simplest recipe using Chex cereal and popcorn! I plan on making huge batches of it this week to give to friends and family. Below is the recipe and a few links on how to package this sweet treat up. You can also make this your own by adding different candy, leaving out the candy canes or adding in pretzels. Happy Holidays, sweet friends!
- 6 cups chex cereal
- 5 cups popped popcorn
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil (any unflavored oil works too)
- 1 bag of christmas M&Ms
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
HOW TO MAKE
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine chex and popcorn.
- Melt white chocolate and oil in the microwave or over a double boiler until completely melted. If you melt it in the microwave, melt for 30 second increments, stirring after each time, until melted and smooth. If you use a double boiler, stir continuously until the chocolate has melted. You don’t want to burn the chocolate or it will become clumpy.
- Once the chocolate is melted and completely smooth, pour over the chex and popcorn mixture and toss to combine. Add some of the M&M’s and crushed peppermint, saving some for topping at the end.
- Toss to combine and make sure all the chex and popcorn are covered with the white chocolate and toppings.
- Spread mixture onto the lined baking sheets and sprinkle more M&M’s and peppermint on top while it’s still wet. Let cool completely before breaking into pieces and serving. Enjoy!
SHARE THE SWEET TREAT!