Christmas Countdown Ideas
I love the idea of starting a countdown to Christmas. I used to have a calendar growing up that had a different ornament each day to put on a small tree. It made me so darn excited each morning! It also incentivized me to be nice so I could pick the ornament and place it on the tree 🙂 This year I’m starting up the tradition for my family, but instead of just ornaments, I’m adding in festive and sweet ideas to make every day a surprise!
This one from Target is adorable! I also like how the numbers are out of order and the kids have to find the next one. Send me pics if you’re using too!
IDEAS FOR EACH DAY
- 2 tickets to watch a show before bed!
- Make Cookies with Mom today and deliver to a friend
- Christmas Wreath Craft – here’s a link, include the image!
- Sing a Christmas Carol and record it for a family member
- Hot Chocolate for snack today – put in a packet of hot chocolate in the box
- 2 tickets to the aquarium or children’s museum
- $5 to purchase a holiday bookmark at Blue Manatee
- New crayons!
- Holiday DVD (Grinch, a Christmas Carol etc.)
- Family dinner with fancy candles!
- Write letters to Santa
- New Christmas Jammies!
- Fill the rest with these small ornaments to add to a small christmas tree