Don’t knock it till you try it, Mama! I saw a friend on Instagram make these (@sarahrobinsondaily) and they looked beyond gooey and delicious – just what we were in the mood for! I used to make a version of these but with egg and more peanut butter, but I’m not great with eggs anymore so these were very appealing to me. Instead of flour and eggs, you use chickpeas to get that “brownie” texture – and I’m telling you – you CANNOT taste a hint of chickpea!
Give this easy recipe like so many have and tag @hydeparkmoms when you give them a try. This just might be a new staple for you and the family when that sweet tooth hits.
- 1 15oz can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup of Enjoy Life chocolate chips (or any kind you like)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
HOW TO MAKE
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Dump all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor. Mix until smooth.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir to combine
- Use a small/square baking dish, or small cast iron skillet *The cast iron gives it more of a thinner cookie texture than baking it like you would regular blondies*
- Grease your baking dish or line with parchment paper
- Bake for 45 min to 1 hour. The top will start cracking and the sides will turn golden brown.
- Let it sit for 25+ minutes before cutting!