This is one of the tastiest pasta salads I’ve made. I love that you can eat this at any temperature. Cold for a picnic lunch or warm for a dinner entre. It couldn’t be easier! I didn’t measure everything out, so I “guesstimated” on how much of each ingredient – make it to your taste.
- 1lb brown rice bow tie pasta
- 1/2 jar or more of prepared pesto (we like the Whole Foods “Mama’s Pesto”)
- 2 heirloom tomato (or any kind you like)
- Mozzerella chucks (the little balls are great in this too!)
- Steamed green beans
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken
HOW TO MAKE
- Boil water for pasta*
- Steam a small bag of green beans
- Shred chicken or cut into chunks
- Dice tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese
- Once pasta is cooked, rinse and add it to a serving bowl and immediately add in Parmesan to coat noodles
- Toss in the rest of the ingredients and serve!
*If using brown rice pasta, take out 1-2 minutes before cook time on box and rinse with water. Brown rice pasta can hav e a film on it.