If you’re not following @rubyandfrances you are missing OUT! Lindsey, Mom of Ruby and Frances, is one of the most creative people I know! She’s even got her own sewing machine and she actually uses it 🙂 She recently posted about her Valentine’s DIY crafts and I wanted to share with all of you. You can also follwer her and find her “projects” highlights on stories to see more detail on these crafts! These are simple to medium in skill, but all can get the kiddos involved. She will be making some more craft appearances on the blog, so make sure you tag @rubyandfrances and @hydeparkmoms if you give one of these crafts a go!
- Have the kids place the hearts or XOXO’s into patterns
- Hot glue them to string (Mom, this is your job)
- Hang in playroom or anywhere to add a pop of cheer!
Felt Heart Wreath
Materials from Target: Hearts for “wreath” or bunting, paper plates (dollar section), hot glue or tape
- Cut out the center of a paper plate
- Have the kids arrange the hearts in the patterns they want for the wreath (then you can fix)
- Hot glue them around the paper plate and hang!
Materials from Target: Dino placemats from dollar section at Target, sewing machine (if you are advanced), or yarn and a hole puncher/scissors, stuffing for pillow
- This one is for the more advanced crafter, but you could always cut holes in the sides of the placemats and weave yarn through them for a more homemade look
- If you have a sewing machine (God Bless), sew the two ends together and leave an opening for the kids to stuff the pillow!