- Take the rest to a dental office that does a candy buy back. Hyde Park Pediatric Dentistry will be having their buy back during regular business hours Nov 6 – 10.
- It’s better to have treats with a meal or shortly after so set a specific treat time during the day. It does more harm to graze on sugar all day than to have a few pieces at once.
- Try to stick with chocolate candy. Gummy candy and hard candy can stick in the teeth for hours.
- Keep in mind that pretzels, crackers, etc. are also carbohydrates and will stick in the groovy parts of teeth.
- Drink plenty of water!
- Brush twice a day and floss once. We recommend that parents brush their kids teeth at least until they can tie their own shoe. It’s a good idea to at least observe even as they get older.
- Be sure your child sees the dentist every 6 months!
Have an awesome Halloween, Mamas, and don’t forget to save a few pieces for yourself when you need that 4pm pickup!