When it comes to children’s books, we love finding old classics as well as new favorites. If you’re in need of a fun and easy Springtime activity, grab the kids, a basket of books and a blanket and head outside where the books will quite literally come to life. We’ve listed some of our favorite Spring children’s books below and had to share one for Moms, too!
- The Carrot Seed is a classic tale of the patience that is beloved by many. You’ll likely recognize the main character from Harold and the Purple Crayon and might be inspired to plant your own carrots, too.
- Gossie and Gertie (Gossie & Friends) Is simply adorable. The illustrations are so sweet and you and the kids will fall in love with all of the characters. These books are great to rent from the Library as the kids always want to go back for another!
- Kitten’s First Full Moon is about a little kitten’s determination. It is a New York Times best illustrated book and it will surely be read it time and time again.
- My Garden is full of imagination with chocolate bunnies, jelly bean bushes and strawberries that glow like lanterns. It is a great addition to any children’s library and will have the kids wanting to plant their own gardens as well!
- Planting a Rainbow is great for the littlest readers with it’s beautiful illustrations and vibrant colors.
- Little Cloud likes to stand out from the crowd and we love the journey this book takes you on as well as the classic Eric Carle illustrations.
As we start to think about how our gardens will grow, we absolutely love Floret Farm’s Floret Farm’s Cut Flower Garden. The gorgeous photographs will inspire you to get outside and the detailed instructions will give you the tools to do so.