With the heat and the swimming pool in full swing, my daughter’s eczema has been flaring up a bit. Now, the ring pops and ice cream are probably not helping either, but I am on the hunt to try and tame any flares she has. I came across this recipe below and I’ve been loving it – and it’s worked! This is definitely not a “cure” for eczema, but it certainly has helped heal any breakouts quickly.
I’ve also been obsessed with Young Livings Essential oils recently – who knew you could use them in so many ways! If you want to get the oils I use in the body butter, I have a link below for you to order. Getting the starter kit is a great way to introduce yourself to the oils and it comes with a diffuser if you don’t have one!
- 1 cup of organic 100% shea butter
- 1/4 cup of organic unfiltered coconut oil
- 12(ish) drops of lavendar – don’t just use any oil! make sure it’s really good quality, like Young Living
- 12(ish) drops of Copiaba – secret ingredient!
HOW TO MAKE
- Add shea butter and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl or cup (can also do on stove if you’re not a fan of microwaves)
- Melt for 1-3 minutes until it’s completely melted
- Add in the essential oils
- Refrigerate until hard
- Leave out of fridge and it will become a soft butter consistency*
*Every batch might be a little different depending how the ratios of shea butter and coconut oil used. I think the above give the best “softened butter” consistency.